First Reconciliation and First Communion
REQUIREMENTS TO START PREPARATION
- Child(ren) must be in second-fourth grade
- Child(ren) must have attended/be enrolled in Faith Formation or St. Mary’s Springs Academy for the year of preparation
- Child(ren) must be Baptized and an image of the Baptismal Certificate provided
- To request a copy for a Holy Family Baptism email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request a copy for Presentation or Our Risen Savior fill out the form here Sacramental Records Request (archmil.org) or call (414)769-3407.
- If a child was baptized in another faith tradition please contact the Elementary Coordinator to confirm the validity of the Baptism
- $35 fee (includes both First Reconciliation and First Communion preparation)
*If your child(ren) need to be baptized contact the Director of Christian Formation at ext. 501
*If your child(ren) are in fifth-eighth grade contact the Elementary Coordinator ext. 503
*If your child(ren) are in high school contact the High School Coordinator ext. 502
*Adults looking to receive these sacraments should contact the Director of Christian Formation ext. 501
“This sacrament allows Jesus to express his love for children today. Through it, he continues to influence their lives; he demonstrates his power to heal them, to free them from the bondage of sin, and raise them to new life. In turn, this sacrament allows children to come to know and love Jesus. For these reasons, Jesus still exhorts us: “Let the children come!”” – USCCB
ABOUT THIS PREPARATION
The Church moved the Sacrament of Reconciliation to proceed the Sacrament of First Holy Communion. Therefore, the preparation program begins with preparing for Reconciliation in the fall of the year (October-January). The preparation program is a home-based program that is supplemented with two large group meetings and one parent only meeting with the coordinator leading up to a First Reconciliation Prayer Service. All materials are provided at the large group meetings.
“At Christ’s invitation, extended by the priest acting in Christ’s person: “Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb,” the members of the community move forward to share in the sacred meal, to receive the Body and Blood of Christ which is the sign and the source of their unity.” – USCCB
ABOUT THIS PREPARATION
The preparation program takes place in the winter (January-March). The preparation program is similar to the First Reconciliation preparation. It is a home-based program that is supplemented with two large group meetings and one parent only meeting with the coordinator leading up to a final rehearsal the week leading up to First Communion Mass. All materials are provided at the large group meetings.
Of vital importance to a child’s preparation is the family’s participation at Mass on a weekly basis. The Mass is a revelation and the greatest expression of the Catholic faith. It is here that the preparation for this sacrament comes alive.
All questions can be directed to the Elementary Coordinator, Trisha at email@example.com.