For information on all these ministries, please contact Director of Human Concerns Erin Cobb.
This ministry provides education on the disease of addiction and support for those experiencing addiction, as well as serves as a resource for those in addiction and their families. We pray for you and your loved one(s).
Reach Out and Ask for Help
We cannot effectively treat addiction alone, but need to reach out to help. Here are some additional resources to assist you at this time.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (hotline): (920) 922-7512 (Also can provide information on Al-Anon—a group for those who have family members with a drinking problem)
- Gratitude Club (295 Ruggles St.): (920) 921-0143 (Also can provide information on Al-Anon)
- Co-dependents Anonymous: 1-888-444-2359
- Narcotics Anonymous (for drug addictions): 1-800-240-0276
- Nar-anon (for family members of someone with a drug problem): 1-800-477-6291
- Gamblers Anonymous (for compulsive gamblers): 1-800-426-2535
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (for persons with sexual compulsions and their family members): 1-800-477-8191
With the help of volunteers, Holy Family Catholic Community sends cards to our senior parishioners for their birthdays and major holidays, as well as birthday cards to each of our parishioners over the age of 80. Card makers meet before each holiday to design and assemble cards for volunteers to send.
Food & Comfort Ministry
Parishioners who are sick, grieving, or recuperating can receive home-delivered, hot meals three days a week at no cost. To receive meals, contact Betty at 920-921-6644.
Health & Wellness
The goal of the Health & Wellness Ministry is to fulfill the church's health and healing mission by reaching out to and educating parishioners in the coordination of physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Programs of this ministry include annual CPR classes; blood pressure checks at St. Vincent de Paul; flu shots in the fall; and periodical educational events.
2020-2021 Blood Drive schedule:
- Wednesday, December 9 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, February 13, 2021 from 7:30 to 11:30 am.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Saturday, June 12, 2021 from 7:30 to 11:30 am.
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 7:30 to 11:30 am.
Prayer circles support you with prayer in time of medical, emotional, physical, or spiritual need. To learn more about the Prayer Network, contact Ann at (920)251-6374 or email@example.com. Prayer Intentions can also be submitted below.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
The Prayer Shawl Ministry is a loving outreach of people who prayerfully stitch, knit, and crochet wraps that are given in support to a variety of recipients. The shawls are a wonderfully soft and tangible way to wrap someone in prayer, and act as a reminder of the love, care, and concern we share.
Jail Ministry provides Scripture and Communion service for men and women each month. Holy Family offers bibles, rosaries, and Confession upon request.
At Taycheedah Correctional Institution, Holy Family offers Basic Beliefs, a monthly gathering which teaches and shares the basic beliefs of the Catholic faith. On a weekly basis, a Liturgy of the Word centered on the previous Sunday readings is held for incoming inmates.
Every Spring, inmates can participate in RCIA/Sacramental Prep courses, which run for about six to eight classes.
Archdiocese of Milwaukee's Love Begins Here to help FDL area residents
This summer, Holy Family Catholic Community will welcome youth from throughout the Archdiocese of Milwaukee to participate in various service projects assisting residents in the community as part of its new program, Love Begins Here. Launching this year in the archdiocese, the program brings youth closer to Christ through local mission trips.
Parishioners are invited to contact Holy Family Catholic Community if they have projects around their home they believe the chaperoned students could help with during the week of July 18-23. To inquire, please call the Parish Office at (920) 921-0580.
For more information on Love Begins Here, please visit archmil.org/LBH.