Sacred Heart Church
200 S. Peters (corner of Peters and Western Avenues)
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Chapel hours due to COVID-19:
Monday - Friday
4:00 am- 7:00 pm
Saturday 4:00 am to Sunday 7:00 pm
"Each one of us is a co-worker of Christ – we must labor hard to carry Him to the hearts where He has not yet been known and loved…But, unless we have Jesus, we cannot give Him; that is why we need the Eucharist. Spend as much time as possible in front of the Blessed Sacrament and He will fill you with His strength and His power."
– Blessed Mother Teresa
Welcome to the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel page of Holy Family Catholic Community. Jesus can physically be adored in the most Blessed Sacrament. Come and spend time as frequently as you are able to in the presence of Our Savior and watch Him transform your life!
Eucharistic Adoration, "is a devotional practice of adoring and praying in the Real Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist. Holy Family Sacred Heart has adoration 7 days a week. The Eucharist is displayed in a special vessel called a monstrance, and people come to pray and worship Jesus, Monday-Friday 4:00 am–7:00 pm and 4:00 am Saturday until 7:00 pm Sunday. Adorers are present with Jesus at all times when the chapel is open.
Like Us on Facebook
If you are interested in signing up as a regular adorer or as a substitute, contact:
Phone: (920) 579-2895
Adoration Guidelines for Dedicated Adorers
Blessed Sacrament Chapel
Sacred Heart Church
200 S. Peters Ave
Fond du Lac, WI
Thank you for your generous response to adore in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Blessed Sacrament chapel is open
4:00 am – 7:00 pm
4:00 am Saturday until 7:00 pm Sunday
We are working towards perpetual adoration! If you would help us acheive this goal, click HERE for more information.
The following is a list of guidelines, we hope they will help you to fully
enjoy your time with the Lord.
Please call your hourly coordinator if you have any questions.
1. Once you have signed up to become an adorer, you will receive a packet that will include: Guidelines, schedule and sub list.
2. Arrive 5-10 minutes before your hour. This will ensure continual coverage and allows the adorer before you not to worry about coverage for the next hour.
3. Sign in with your name, time and day when you enter the chapel. It is important to use the sign in book to show that the Blessed Sacrament has not been left alone.
(R)= regular adorer, (V) =visitor, (S)=sub
4. Before entering the pew, respect our Lord by genuflecting on both knees. For those who cannot, a profound bow is acceptable.
5. Please place a “Guardian of the Eucharist” banner on the back of your pew. The banners will be located on the back pew or with the adorer that comes before you. At least one adorer must wait until the adorer for the next hour arrives before leaving. The adorer following you should take the “Guardian of the Eucharist” banner. If adorer doesn't take the banner, check the sign in book or ask if they are a sub.
A visitor should not be left alone in the chapel.
6. Help maintain reverence - Do not talk in the chapel. No music is allowed without headphones. Pray silently so not to disturb others. You may do group prayer if it is prearranged and ok with other adorers present.
7. While in the chapel for your hour you can:
- Pray in your own words. Let the Lord know what is in your heart.
- You can also pray using prayer books or other devotional prayers. There are prayer materials by the bulletin board, in the back of the chapel or in the library.
- Please do not add your own personal prayer materials to the library, unless they have been approved by the adoration committee.
- You can sit or kneel, whichever is comfortable for you.
8. If you are unable to make it to your dedicated hour, call your prayer partner(s) to inform them that you will not be able to make your holy hour and confirm that they will be there. If no one will be available to adore on your hour, please make every effort to obtain a substitute: family members, fellow adorers and friends often are willing to sub, if not you should contact someone on the sub list.
In an emergency, or on very short notice, you may call Lisa Sutton at 579-2895
9. If the person scheduled after you does not come in:
- Check to see if prayer partners can stay until they arrive.
- Try calling that person(s)
- Call the hourly coordinator.
- Try to call the adorer scheduled the following hour and see if they can come in early.
- If you have to leave and other adorers cannot stay, cover the monstrance with the cover found behind the altar.
10. Once the chapel is perpetual, the chapel will only be closed for the Easter Tridium. (Holy Thursday Evening Mass- midnight Easter morning)
11. The Blessed Sacrament will be reposed for all Masses. No adorers will be assigned to adore during a regular Mass.
12. The Blessed Sacrament will be reposed for all funeral and wedding Masses. We know it may be a distraction, but we ask that adorers stay to adore the reposed Blessed Sacrament during your scheduled time.
13. For security purposes the chapel will be locked from 10:00 pm-5:00 am and only assigned adorers will be allowed in the chapel. Assigned adorers will be given a code to open the church doors.
14. Weather closing guidelines for the Holy Family, Sacred Heart Adoration chapel:
- You will be notified by your block coordinator.
- If weather warning states that we will be having 10 inches or more of snow or if it is predicted that there will be severe icy conditions, the coordinators will call the day before the storm.
- Unannounced, 6-7 inches of snow or bad ice conditions.
- 25-30 below wind chill
- If you don't feel comfortable going out with conditions less severe than stated above, please notify your prayer partner, notify your coordinator or make arrangements for a sub.
If you are interested in dedicating
an hour to Jesus, contact
Lisa at 579-2895