Fr. Edward Sippel Scholarship opportunity
In honor of Father Edward Sippel and his lifelong dedication of service to the Catholic Church and the Fond du Lac area, Holy Family Catholic Community will award two $1,000 scholarships to students who, along with their parent(s), have been registered members of Holy Family Catholic Community for at least one year prior to applying for the scholarship. Students must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation to be eligible to apply.
Students who have successfully completed high school in the spring of 2023 and are entering their first year of continuing education at either an accredited university/college or technical college may apply for this scholarship. The following items are ALL required: an essay answering specific questions, a completed scholarship application, a letter of recommendation and a copy of your educational institution acceptance letter. These must be received either by email to Michelle Ludtke, Director of Parish Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or be given in person to her at the parish office at 271 Fourth Street Way, Fond du Lac, by no later than noon on Friday, May 26, 2023.
Two applicants will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee under the supervision of the Director of Parish Operations to receive the scholarship. It is imperative that you carefully follow the criteria listed below:
Criteria for Applicants
- Provide a copy of your acceptance letter to an accredited university/college or technical college.
2. You and your parent(s) must have been an active member of Holy Family Catholic Community for at least one year prior to applying for the scholarship (we will verify that on our data base which now includes the former parishes of Our Risen Savior and Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary).
3. Complete the application on the following page.
4. Submit one letter of recommendation.
5. Complete an essay based on the posed questions (see application page).
6. Return completed application, letter of recommendation, copy of your acceptance letter, and your essay by noon on Friday, May 26, 2022, to Michelle Ludtke, Director of Parish Operations, either via email at email@example.com, or in person at the parish office, 271 Fourth Street Way, Fond du Lac. Please be aware that some of your documents must be scanned if submitted electronically.
7. If you have any questions, contact Ms. Ludtke at (920) 921-0580 ext. 104 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected by the committee to be one of the recipients of the Father Edward Sippel Scholarship, you will be contacted via email by Ms. Ludtke on or before June 30, 2023. At that time, she will confirm the name of your educational institution. Holy Family will then draft a check made out to your educational institution. This check will be mailed to you, which you can then give to the business office at your educational institution to apply to your account.