Holy Family Parish is eager to aid couples in planning a truly Catholic celebration of their wedding. Marriage is a sacrament, a consecrative action of Christ. It begins with the wedding and continues throughout their married lives. The parish marriage preparation program should therefore be looked upon as a great opportunity to prepare both prayerfully and wisely. This program is in line with directives from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and the Catholic Province of Wisconsin.
To be married in the Catholic Church:
• At least one of the partners to be married must be a registered and participating member of a Catholic church. Preferences in wedding dates are given to Holy Family Parish members.
• The Catholic partner(s) must give evidence of some faith and trust in God. This includes regular participation in the Sunday Mass.
• The couple must complete Church papers indicating one’s sincere intentions.
Marriage preparation includes the following elements:
• Preparation with the church must begin no less than six months prior to the date of the wedding.
• The couple must provide recent copies of baptismal and confirmation certificates.
• The couple is required complete the FOCCUS premarital inventory.
• The couple is required to participate in the Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation Class.
• The couple is required to watch 6 short online videos through Formed.
• The couple is required to meet with their Presider several times, including a meeting to plan the ceremony.
Marriage Preparation Links
Holy Family will provide the book for you at one of your Priest meetings.
Below are downloads to generic wedding programs. One is for a Nuptial Mass Ceremony, the other for a Nuptial Liturgy of the Word Ceremony.