Support the Holy Family Rectory Project
In 2020, Holy Family Catholic Community conducted a facility study to look at maintenance needed at our sites and rectories. Quickly, it became clear: our rectories were in need of significant repairs that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to make.
A sampling of these repairs include:
- The Sacred Heart Rectory, built in the 1970s, needs a new boiler and boiler piping system, new roof, windows. Much of the furniture, carpeting, flooring, and countertops are original to the home. The cost of these repairs is estimated at $450,000.
- The St. Peter Rectory experiences substantial leaking through its basement walls, which, along with the foundation will need to be replaced in the near future.
Holy Family was faced with the question: Make these repairs, or build a new rectory, which would benefit the lives of our priest team and parishioners alike?
Conversations with the Holy Family Pastoral and Finance Councils, Rectory Committee, the parish priest team and staff found support for a new rectory for the opportunities it provided. Rather than making investments in aging facilities, building a new rectory allows for the parish to direct funds to other maintenance and repairs needed at our six sites.
We are seeing an increasing number priests and students in the seminary seeking to live in community. By building a rectory that would offer aspects of both communal and private living, Holy Family Catholic Community could draw more priests to select the parish as their placement and offer a home to senior priests in our area if they, too, desire this setting.
With the support of two very supportive benefactors, we purchased a plot of land just south of Holy Family and the Parish Office. The construction of the rectory here will create a “hub” at the Holy Family, allowing our priest team to in community, all while remaining close to the parish headquarters.
How to Give
If you are interested in contributing to the Holy Family Rectory Project, you can do so in the following ways:
- Check: Please make your check out to Holy Family Catholic Community and note “rectory campaign” in the memo line. You will receive a letter from Holy Family, which will serve as your receipt.
- Online: Click the Donate button at the top of this page, and you will be taken to our online donation system, WeShare. You will receive a letter from Holy Family which will serve as your receipt.
- Stock: Contact the Holy Family’s Financial Advisor Patrick Ellestad at Edward Jones. His email is Patrick.email@example.com and his phone number 920-907-9511. You will receive a letter from Holy Family which will serve as your receipt.