Joan Setser Memorial Scholarships
Mr. Charles Setser, a long-time member of Holy Family Catholic Community, recently created a scholarship opportunity for four St. Mary's Springs Academy current eighth grade students, who will be enrolled in the ninth grade at St. Mary's Springs Academy for the 20182019 school year, and who, along with their parents/guardians, are active members of Holy Family Catholic Community. Mr. Setser designated this scholarship in memory of his wife, Joan Setser, who passed away in 2017.
Information on applying and the requirements regarding the scholarships are as follows:
- The scholarships are titled the "Joan Setser Memorial Scholarships."
- Four scholarships of $275 each will be awarded to current St. Mary's Springs Academy eighth grade students, who are enrolled to attend St. Mary's Springs Academy as ninth graders for the 201819 school year.
- Students who apply will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Must currently be enrolled in the eighth grade at St. Mary's Springs Academy during the 201718 school year.
- Must be enrolled in the ninth grade at St. Mary's Springs Academy for the following 20182019 school year.
- Must be parishioners, along with their parents/guardians, of Holy Family Catholic Community, Fond du Lac.
- Each applicant will need to write and submit a brief essay (no more than two pages, typewritten, double spaced, size 12 font) beginning with the statement "Please select me to receive the Joan Setser Memorial Scholarship because…"
- At the top of their essay page, the student should list their first and last name, their parent(s) first and last name(s), their home address, their phone number and an email address at which we can contact their parents.
- The essay should be either mailed to Gail Kraig, Director of Advancement, Holy Family Catholic Community Parish Offices, 271 Fourth Street Way, Fond du Lac, WI 54937; sent as a Word document attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or be dropped off to Mrs. Kraig (in an envelope marked to her attention) at the Holy Family Parish Offices.
- The essay must be received by Mrs. Kraig no later than Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
Applicants will be notified by May 15, 2018, as to whether or not they were chosen to receive one of the four scholarships. Each of the four recipients chosen will have $275 credited to their SMSA account for the 201819 school year. Should any of the applicants be unable to attend St. Mary's Springs Academy for the 20182019 school year, their scholarship money will then be allocated to previously selected "alternate" recipients.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship process, please contact Gail Kraig at 9209210580, Ext. 140, or email her at email@example.com.
A very special thanks to Mr. Setser for his generosity in providing these scholarships in his wife’s memory.